business immigration lawyer

Many foreign nationals successfully receive employment-based immigrant visas and green cards to work in the United States, including professors, researchers, executives, and individuals with extraordinary abilities or talents. Because these visa-holders might be working in the U.S. indefinitely, it is only natural that they would want their immediate family members to move with them. You should discuss this possibility with a business immigration lawyer in the U.S. as soon as possible.

In most cases, the law and USCIS allow for a spouse and unmarried children under age 21 to apply for their own immigrant visas to accompany the employee. This also applies to same-sex spouses and their minor children. These family members must go through the full application process, as well, including the following:

  • Obtain the necessary civil documents
  • Complete all application forms
  • Undergo medical exams
  • Pay the designated fees

Approved family members can receive green cards along with an employee to remain in the U.S. as permanent residents.

The applications of spouses and children will be adjudicated just like the employee’s will, so there is no guarantee they will qualify for family member employment visas. It is important to ensure that every step of the process is done correctly, and it is wise to have the help of an experienced attorney throughout the application process.

Call a Business Immigration Lawyer in the U.S. and Canada

Whenever one family member receives an employment-based immigrant visa, it is a priority to keep the family together. The Gold Law Group can help ensure the application process is completed correctly for the best chance at obtaining green cards for your spouse and children whenever possible. To schedule a consultation with a U.S. and Canada business immigration attorney, call 323.394.1281 or contact us online today.