P-1B visa classification is ideal for a foreign national who would like to perform in the United States as a member of an internationally recognized entertainment group.
The eligibility criteria for this visa are:
- More than 50% of the group must have been with the group for at least a year
- The group must be internationally recognized
- Individual entertainers are not eligible for this visa
In addition to the relevant and duly completed immigration forms, P-1B applicants must also provide the following documents with their application:
- A written consultation for labor organization
- Itinerary dates with specific locations
- A copy of an employment contract
- Evidence the group has been performing for a least a year
- A statement showing how long each member has been employed
- Evidence the group is internationally recognized
The period of stay granted is the time needed to complete the event, competition or performance, not to exceed 1 year, with extensions of status available up to 1 year.
P-1B visa holders may their spouses and children to the United States in P-4 classification. P-4 visa holders may not work in the U.S but are allowed to attend school or college.
Contact a Skilled Business Immigration Lawyer for More Information*
Gold Law Group assists clients with a wide variety of business-related immigration matters including P-1B visas. If you are a foreign member of an internationally recognized entertainment group and are interested in applying for a P-1B visa, please call 323.394.1281 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
*Please read important legal notice below